Here are my two thoughts:
- I like the idea of having "sheltered spaces" where students can practice their digital citizenship skills, especially when students are young. I work with 5th and 6th grade students. I think that if teachers can help students use more open social media outlets in a group or anonymous way. I liked the idea of having students use Twitter on a class account instead of every student needing their own Twitter account.
- I like the idea of creating Google Alerts to see in what ways your name is out there. I started my own Google Alert to see how it works as a way of monitoring my own digital footprint.
- Two places that I want to go back to and explore more is linoit.com and Kidblog.com
- One person that I want to read more from is Danah Boyd.
- One book that I want to read is: