Since I had so much fun, I decided to write the plan down for you in graham crackers and royal icing.
|The 7.5 graham cracker gingerbread house plan. Make the first floor with the crackers on the left. Place the "top" graham cracker on the top of the floor. Create the roof with the graham crackers on the right. Decorate! Happy Holidays!|
1. Make royal icing. Here's a recipe from the Wilton Cake People!
2. Put icing in a Ziploc bag. This helps keep the icing from drying out too quickly. Cut off one corner of the bag for piping.
3. Make the first floor by piping icing on the edges of the first floor pieces and creating a box with them. The inside piece gives the house extra strength.
4. Coat the bottom of the top piece with royal icing and lay on top of the first floor.
5. Affix the inside of the roof pieces to the top of the first floor in the center. Use them to brace the triangular side pieces.
6. Coat the bottom of the roof pieces with royal icing and lay on top. The roof pieces should touch the triangular side pieces as well as the internal
7. Pipe additional icing at the edges.
8. Decorate! Consider adding features like a dormer window or a massive chocolate cookie snowman.